Sustainability is an integral part of Ivy Muse and we’re driven to be more conscious of our impact on the planet, to innovate and create positive change for a brighter future. We are committed to improving our business practices and offsetting our carbon footprint through a number of initiatives:
- Striving to make our products sustainable throughout the entire lifecycle by using quality local materials, reducing waste and making botanical wares that last a lifetime.
- Manufacturing our botanical wares in Melbourne whenever possible to reduce carbon footprint emissions from transportation. Small-scale local production also helps to eliminate the waste of unneeded products made to adhere to overseas minimums, reduce emissions and energy usage.
- Sourcing locally manufactured and sustainable products to retail in our online Botanical Emporium.
- Using recycled materials wherever possible when packing customer orders (we know recycled packaging doesn't always look the prettiest, but we know it all adds up).
- Sourcing sustainable or renewable consumable products for use in our HQ.
- In 2019 we added ‘Climate Cart’ to our check out process where customers can add a voluntary carbon offset with any purchase.
- Striving to be carbon neutral in 2022.